Thursday, August 14, 2008

Being a mom...

So what happens when you plan a kid-less trip to Michigan for a wedding? Bad Mommy Vibes

I thought I had all bases covered when I planned my trip to Michigan. I was traveling out there with one of my good friends, Heather. She decided not to bring her little munchkin (see post & pic below) so I decided to leave the boys at home with Tim. Tuns out that Tim had to work on Saturday so that is the day that bad mommy vibes came into play. What would you think happened on that day??

Well, Braeden decided that he was going to run a fever of 103. I was crushed. Sobbing in fact. My friends must have thought I was a little nuts. Tough Jess crying like a baby because her baby was running a fever. I knew that he was in good and capable hands since he was with my MIL, but it didn't change the fact that my baby was sick hundreds of miles away from me. My heart broke even more when I got on the phone with him and he was crying and saying that he didn't feel good and didn't want to take the medicine. Luckily Julie bribed him to take the meds and his fever dropped a little, but he really didn't get better until the following night. I guess it was some viral thing that ended with a stomach virus. Needless to say I was quite happy to get home. Well for other reasons too... seems that something in the Michigan air does is not compatible with my allergies. Sunday morning I woke up and thought I was having an asthma attack (scary since I don't have asthma). Quite rough. I am starting to feel better now- still a little stuffy, but my lungs are clear.

I only got to see Tim for about a day before he had to leave for his annual security manager's meeting (2 nights). That is when Colin decided that he would embrace the virus. I was "supposed" to work this week, luckily my job is quite flexible especially in the summer. So they went to the sitter's house on Tuesday then that night is when I noticed Colin's body temp scorching me as he was pushing me out of my king size bed. Nice huh? He was pretty miserable all day on Wednesday- burning up even throughout the night. Wasn't fun at all. He woke up with the stomach thing- as he puked all over my carpet. Luckily it was just Cheerios so pretty easy to clean. He is feeling a lot better now. Hopefully it ends with Colin.

I really truly need to go food shopping. I am out of pretty much everything. Stinks. I should have given either my parents or my IL's a call last night so I could run up to the store, but I always feel bad.

Michigan was fun. I was able to see 5 of my closest friends. We really truly had a great time. Not quite what I expected. Mid-western weddings are definitely different then Jersey weddings (all around). I was quite over-dressed for the rehearsal and the wedding. Ah, it is ok though. I still felt nice.

I was able to test out my brand new flat iron THE CHI on 2 of my friends hair. They fell in love with it as well. So nice. I was also the make-up queen for the wedding. I did the bride's make-up, which I was definitely stressing over since I was doing a BRIDE'S make-up. I think I did a pretty good job she looked beautiful. I also did Heather's make-up and hair and I thought that she looked BUTIFUL!

The school year (for me) officially starts next week now. Since I was supposed to work this week I would of had a weeks break before the CST (Child Study Team) was due back. We are not on the teacher's schedule we work 10 months and 10 days. 5 days before school starts and 5 days after. Not sure how I feel about going back. I was just starting to enjoy my break (lol). It isn't like my work schedule is too stressful I work 7-2 with an hour break for lunch. Very nice. I have a new office this year that I have been trying to set-up. It isn't as large as my last office, but I think it will definitely do. I was thinking about bringing in my coffee maker, buying a tiny fridge, so I have a complete set-up in there.

Tim is on his way home now so I should run. Hopefully we will go food shopping. Cross your fingers.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey just think of how you would have looked if you wore nylons ;)

And don't worry - we already knew you were crazy ;)

Heather said...

I truely felt horrible for you when you heard Braeden was sick, what timing!? You are with the boys 99.9 percent of the time and the one time you went away something had to happen. I am glad Brae is better and it sounds like Colin is on the mend too.
I had a blast in MI too. Truely the best yet. The Chi is AWESOME!! I think it will be on my X-mas list. And yes, you did my make up awesome. Love ya!

Angie said...

Let me first start off by saying I am soooo glad the boys are both better now. I can't imagine how hard it was to talk to Brae and not be there with him.

Secondly, you had NO reason to stress because you did an amazing job on my make-up. I can't do it period, but you made me feel beautiful and that is something I don't often feel! Thank you so much, and I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner.

As for Michigan weddings, I totally should have prepared you better. Or Dawn could have helped. You have the "upper" class ones that are probably what you are used to in Jersey, but I knew, thanks to the family I married into, that we were more of the redneck variety. The fact that we had no money and I planned it all on my own didn't help things much either. Overdressed or not, you looked beautiful!!

Jessie said...

Thanks girls.
I am so glad that Colin is better. Stinks I have to go into work next week especially when Tim is off.

Angie that was my dress-down wedding outfit- lol. Like an engagement party outfit. Anyhow, I had fun!

Heather glad I got to share the trip with you! Jeremy is going to have a heart attack over the price. lol.

Deb NYLONS- Never. Well only if I am wearing dress pants.

Dawn said...

Glad you survived the big trip to MI. It was definitely rough when poor Brae got sick. I'm glad the sickies finally made it out of your house.

I love my straigtening iron you inspired me to buy. My bangs still aren't looking as cool as they did when you worked your mojo on them though. hmm...